Are you holding a temporary visa and have lived and worked in a specified regional area in Australia? If yes, then why don’t you think about applying for a permanent visa? Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 is that permanent visa. You can apply for it after living for a minimum of 2 years and working and getting a working experience of at least 1 year in any specified regional area.
This visa will allow you to live in Australia indefinitely and provide opportunities to apply for an Australian permanent residency visa. It means that you have to be in Australia at the time of your application.
How Can You Boost Your Working Experience With The Skilled Regional Visa 887?
app Thus, it has become one of the beneficial visas for an international applicant to stay in Australia. Below we discuss the facts about this visa from which you can understand how it can help you gain enough work experience.
- The visa allows the applicant to live permanently in the country Down Under.
- Besides doing a job, you can also enroll in any Australian institute for study.
- You get a full-time job position.
Other benefits the visa offers include:
- Enrolling in Australia’s national health care scheme, Medicare, thus ensuring much cheaper treatment in public hospitals and nursing homes
- Sponsoring the eligible relatives or family members who want to come to Australia
- Travelling to and from the country for 5 years
- And becoming an Australian citizen upon meeting the eligibility.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For The Skilled Regional Visa?
To be eligible for the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, you must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You have to apply for the visa while being inside the country
- Before applying, you should have been the holder of one of the following visas for at least 2 years.
Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa Subclass 475
Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa Subclass 487
Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 489 (Provisional)
Skilled Independent Regional Visa Subclass 495 (Provisional)
Bridging Visa A or Bridging Visa B.You stayed in a specified regional Australian area for a minimum of 2 years.
- If you have stayed in a designated Australian area, you can also be eligible if you get a sponsor from any family member.
- You should have work experience of a minimum of 12 months in a full-time job. A full-time job refers to a position where you have to work for a minimum of 35 hours each week.
Relevant health and character requirements should be satisfied.
How Can You Apply For The 887 Visa?
You may wonder how tricky the application process for the 887 visa Australia can be. But, the process is pretty simple, and you have only to follow the steps correctly. Still, it is better to get in touch with a top-rated immigration agent Adelaide. They can make the whole procedure pretty smooth and easy.
Here, we give a detailed step-by-step procedure from which you can make a general idea.
Step 1: Gather The Necessary Documents
In the first step, you have to collect all the necessary documents. These documents will include information on previous visas, personal papers, and relevant work documents mentioning the work experience period. Keeping the documents ready before lodging the application will make your process quick.
Step 2: Get The Application Assessed By The Migration Agent
Next, you should get your application assessed by the migration agent that you have consulted. They can give you valuable advice regarding the application, following which can give you the perfect result.
Step 3: Apply For The Visa
In the third stage, it is time to apply for a visa. You have to first open an account through the website of the Immigration Department and apply through that account.
Step 4: Wait For The Visa Decision
Once applied, you have to wait for the visa processing to be completed and reviewed by the Home Affairs Department.
Step 5: Visa grant
If your application is found to be satisfactory by the authority, they will send you the visa grant notice through email. The visa will include information like the grant number, visa commencement date, and the visa conditions you have to comply with.
The visa application may also get rejected by the Immigration Department. In that case, they will cite the valid reasons behind refusal. A visa refusal means you may not apply for another visa. That is why we always recommend a qualified migration consultant Adelaide.
How Long Does The 887 Visa Take To Process?
The 887 Visa processing time generally varies according to the volume of application and the peaks. For 75% of applications, it is about 21 months, while for 90%, it is 26 months. The application may get delayed for several reasons, including the following.
- The information is not complete, and not all the necessary documents have been submitted.
- You do not make any immediate response to any request for additional information.
- It depends on the time needed to take your character, health and national security-related information from external agencies.
- It depends on the number of slots available in the visa migration program.
Where Can You Find An Immigration Agent?
You may wonder where you should look for an immigration agent in Adelaide. Well, as an applicant, you will want your application to be approved on the first attempt. And for that, you should get in touch with the consultancy firm that offers the best immigration services Adelaide.